A meticulously designed living room makes our day and visitors day too. A perfect proportion creates the grandeur and magic that adds aroma to our lazy afternoons at our space. Like a movie that is seamless all the way directed in an attractive and intelligent manner, a living room also is engaging and impressive. “The first impression is the last impression” and the person coming at your home judges your personality by the living room. Hence it has to be detailing and precise, however, it might seem easy but trust me creating a perfect space is very challenging.
Replicating is not the idea as it sometimes messes up, creates something unique according to your comfort and taste, that’s what is needed for turning your mood on.
Interior designers spent their life learning about home decorations. Sometimes we neglect small things which are actually making room tasteless. Maybe a painting on a wall is weird as per decorations or a lamp placed on the wrong table. This might be little things but makes a huge difference. Hence there are few designing tips that will help you in decorating your living rooms like a pro.
Basics of Living Room:
- Place furniture that adds comfort to you and your guest. Create conversation areas where you could interact with people without shouting. If the room is large divide the room in section creating more than one conversation space.
- Establish a focal point i.e. a luxury fireplace or a carved window or TV desk. Can be any which is attractive and central.
- Do not overfill your rooms. Let it be spacious and breathy.
- Do not let furniture’s touch walls. Pull and them and closer to one another for easy exchange.
Furniture Size and Place:
- Sofa and Chairs: These are big items and consume space so it is better to measure room and sofa before buying. Sketch room and then look for a sofa that goes along with your décor and space. Keep chairs at points where it does not block traffic.
- Coffee Table: These are practical pieces and the center of conversations. Keep table height short than a chair. It should be two-thirds of the sofa or chairs. I should not be too small or big. Make sure it is spacious enough so that people should place their drinks on the table.
- Rugs: Rugs amplifies room décor but people often make mistakes by picking small rugs. Furniture should always sit on the carpet. If space doesn’t allow this at least feet’s should reach rugs.
- Side Tables: They are not the priority but are important. Their choice depends on seating so that guests should pick their drink without heading to the center table. You keep it on any side of a sofa or between chairs. Do not overcrowd the room and try to keep it elegant.
Accessories and windows should match your décor and should be artistic. You can create an arrangement if you are unsure. Make use of your computer and try to get ideas. Draw a plan and then execute. Hope this helps. Good day!